WILD EP

10:00:00 AM


This week has been packed with excess amounts homework, football, almond butter, and my personal favorite: music. Since Halsey and Troye Sivan decided to drop their albums in the same week, I have taken it upon myself to binge listen whenever I get the chance. I have been a huge supporter of Troye for almost three years now. His old ep TRXYE was amazing, but WILD is even better. Don't let the innocent face and curly locks fool you, this kid has a breathtaking voice and a groundbreaking message. 
This mini album consists of six songs- WILD, BITE, FOOLS, EASE, THE QUIET, and DKLA. My favorites at the moment are WILD, BITE, and THE QUIET. Troye wrote on all of the songs with help from writers like Alex Hope and Hiew. If you haven't heard his music before, his sounds is like electro-pop. It sounds like pop with a bit of an edge to it. His album artwork is to die for. I mean, can he be any more creatively perfect?


In addition to the album, Troye has also decided to pull a Lana Del Ray/Marina and the Diamonds and release a series of music videos. SAY WHAT!? 


Yes. It is true. And his first music video is up here. This is a three-part series called The Blue Neighborhood. Troye explained in his livestream the reasoning behind this series. In our media, gay relationships are perceived as very sexual and Troye wanted people to see a more realistic portrayal of gay relationships. The term he used was "puppy love" and honestly it's the cutest music video ever. 


I am so incredibly proud of Troye. His lyrics are so real and down to earth. He has been such an inspiration to me these past few years and I can't wait to see where he goes. Let me know what you think!

Check Troye out here:

WILD 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images