Healthy Breakfast Smoothie

3:56:00 PM























Hello everyone! So recently I've been trying to stay healthy now that I don't have to eat dining hall food anymore. I'm trying to only eat whole foods with a few exceptions such as milk and yogurt. I haven't eaten red meat for about three years and now I'm starting to cut out chicken and fish. I will have chicken in my salad every once in a while or have some fish with my dinner when it is healthily prepared. Having a strict diet messes with my head and I don't want my entire summer to revolve around calories.

Since I started this diet, I've been searching for better sources of protein other than meat. I found that flax seed is one of the healthiest sources of protein for your body. Instead of sugary cereal, I've been making smoothies. This smoothie has fresh fruit, a bit of greek yogurt, and flax seed. It is the perfect way to wake up in the morning.

Ingredients:
1 cup of ice
1/2 cup of greek yogurt (100 calories per serving)
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of pineapple
3 Tbsp. of flax seed





Flax seed is a great source of fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber. Every tablespoon of flax seed provides about 1 gram of protein. They don't really taste like anything and they grind up really well in my blender. This smoothie is more of a treat than anything. It's really sweet and is a good boost to start my morning.

What do you think? Doesn't this smoothie just make you want to be healthy and fit?!
Thanks for reading!

Stay beautiful,

Meg


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images