Music: Oldies & Newbies

8:32:00 PM

Hi friends! Hope you're all having a good week! This week has been quite relaxed for me and I've recently revisited my old Spotify playlists from years ago. I realized how much I miss the artists I used to listen to everyday after school while I was doing homework. Also, I have discovered some sick artists the past few weeks so I thought I'd write a little post about these artists.






1. Elevate, St. Lucia

This one is a mix between futuristic and tropical. It's super chill and has a nice beat. I love the introduction to this. It comes at you all at once in the beginning and drizzles out throughout the song. It's just one of those songs that has awesome instrumentals and I like it simply because it sounds sick.

2. Afternoon, Youth Lagoon
Another oldie. This artist basically got me through sophomore and junior year of high school. I was obsessed with his first album The Year of Hibernation. His voice sounds so weird and different from anything I've ever heard before and this song has the sickest beat. Just listen to it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

3. Marilyn, G-Eazy (feat. Dominque Le Jeune)
Marilyn is a duet between G-Eazy and Dominque Le Jeune. It's very romantic for G-Eazy and I love the lyrics. Its a love story that everyone can relate to and they're voices compliment each other very well.

4. Drowning, Banks
This one is pretty grungy I guess you could say. It's not a song that everyone will absolutely love, but I like the instrumentals and her soft voice. Her album Goddess is one of my go to's for homework because it's so chill.


5. This Is What Makes Us Girls,

 Lana Del Rey
I love Lana so much. This song is beautifully written and her voice along with it is perfect. I can relate to everything she is talking about in this song and it's a pretty catchy. I want to see her in concert so freaking bad.
LIVE LOVE LANA

6. Higher Love, James Vincent McMorrow

Here's an oldie. This one give me the chills every time. His voice is beautiful and this is just a simple song with beautiful lyrics. It's kinda sad, but truly inspiring.








7.  Happy Little Pill, Troye Sivan
This kid is so fucking cute and he knows it. I'm so incredibly proud of this man (he's still a boy to me) for everything he has accomplished and I genuinely love this track. He is so passionate about writing and conveying his feelings through his songs.



8. Me, The 1975
Let's be honest. This band is killing it right now. Other than the main popular ones, this song is one of my favorites. Matty (my future husband) sounds different in this song. His voice is super deep and raspy and it just makes me want to melt.

9. Wings, Birdy
Birdy has such a beautiful and delicate voice. I've always been a fan of her and this is one of her newest singles. This song has such an amazing climax and it's so powerful.

10. Sophie, Benjamin Francis Leftwich
I don't know why I like this song. It is just really pretty and meaningful and powerful and I wish someone would write something like this for me.

Sorry if those little blurbs were awkward, I'm not good at describing sounds or songs really. If you're looking for some chill songs I would highly recommend checking out any of these artists. There's a good variety from Hip Hop, Rap, Alternative, Pop, Indie, Futuristic and Tropical. I love all kinds of music, so if you an artist you think I might like, leave a comment below! Thank you so much for reading!!

Check them out on the Spotify playlist I made called Oldies and Newbies here:
https://open.spotify.com/user/megsb35/playlist

Stay beautiful lovelies,

Meg

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images